The original and still the best guidebook to the Wild Atlantic Way
This is the Second Edition of the book, published in March 2020, the text has been completely revised updated and over 60% of the photos are new.
- We have packed as much detailed information on the west coast’s best sights, from the most famous landmarks to the hidden gems on this awe-inspiring route into the book’s 224 pages.
- Details of dozens of signposted walking trails, from gentle strolls along sandy beaches to tough hikes to the top of some of Ireland’s most iconic mountains.
- Information about all the official cycling routes along the way and advice on other potential cycles along the Wild Atlantic Way
- Every beach worth visiting along the 2500km is described with directions and coordinates including many hidden away beaches that never get busy.
- Lots of information on camping and hostels as well as some of the more quirky accommodation along the west coast. Ideas on places to eat along the route.
- The book’s detailed introduction will help you plan your trip along the Wild Atlantic Way, there are suggestions for the essentials things to see as do as well as general information on walking, cycling, kayaking, swimming, surfing and camping.
- 300 stunning photographs.
- 24 maps of each section of the route.
- Coordinates of every location mentioned are included.
- The authors spent years researching this book and have spent a lifetime living on and visiting the Wild Atlantic Way.
- This book is 100% written by the authors, no AI tools were used ever. Don’t take this for granted, other recently published books have relied heavily on AI!